Snow Day23 February 2012
One of the best things about being a teacher in Denver, Colorado is that once in awhile you get an unexpected snow day! When the phone rings at 5:30 a.m. and the automated voice tells you to go back to sleep because school has been closed (well maybe not in those exact words). It's the best feeling in the world. I enjoy snow days for many reasons.
1. I can to sleep in
2. I can sit and enjoy a nice breakfast without feeling rushed or eating in my car
3. I can do a little cleaning
4. I can catch up on my favorite television shows
5. I can go shopping and enjoy some alone time
6. I can take a nap
7. I can have some peace and quiet
8. I can work on some school stuff and update my TeachersPayTeachers
9. I can get a yummy dinner ready for my husband and I
10. I can snuggle up by the fire and read a good book
I guess the cold and snow are no fun but for these days I can surely handle it! :) Happy Snow Day Colorado!